Pine Level IncorporationThe Time is NOW to Incorporate
Pine Level: A Place to Call Home
Incorporating Gives You a Voice
How can Incorporating Benefit The Citizens of Pine Level?
- It gives you a voice in the growth and development of the town—Incorporation will allow organized and controlled growth & gives the opportunity to define the identity of the community.
- It offers better opportunities for the children in our community— Better sports complexes, parks and biking trails could become a reality plus it gives the ability to raise revenue by taxation which will allow Pine Level to improve and maintain parks and recreation areas.
- Improvement of local services—The Pine Level Fire Dept will continue to serve the community but with more support.
Did You Know…
- The community must have 300 people to incorporate.
- Residences must be contiguous
- A petition must be signed by at least 15 percent of the qualified electors residing within the limits of the proposed municipality and then submitted to the county’s probate judge. This petition serves as the application.
- No territory may be included unless there are at least 4 qualified electors residing on each quarter of each quarter section (40 acres) who agree to incorporation by signing the petition.
- The probate judge will order an election within 90 days after submission of application.
- Election will be held within the boundaries of the proposed municipality.
- After incorporation, homeowners can request to be annexed into the town.
Frequently Asked Questions
- establish ordinances to levy and assess taxes and/or fees within the police jurisdiction.
- ordinances to fix and collect licenses for any business, trade, or profession done within the police jurisdiction.